1 day ago - 12:41pm EST
We are seeing delays adding/removing phone numbers and modifying/creating applications - appears the issue began around 11:00 a.m. EST, and persists currently. We are working with out hosting provider to resolve as soon as possible.
RESOLUTION: Our hosting provider identified a server issue, which we resolved by eliminating a dependency. All provisioning issues should now be resolved, as of 3:30 p.m. EST today (waited a bit to ensure no further issues shook out over the past few hours) - if you spot any issues or run into any trouble, please email firstname.lastname@example.org for help.
1 week ago - 6:59pm EST
Our billing provider is under maintenance for the next hour. So, adding and updating billing will be down until the maintenance window is cleared.
UPDATE:Just to give an update here, the maintenance window was cleared 1 hour after starting around 8pm EST.
3 weeks ago - 12:46pm EST
We have determined both outbound and inbound messaging may time out or be delayed, due to an as of yet undetermined root cause. This may be provider oriented, or gateway - we will update as soon as we have more information available.
UPDATE: As of 10 p.m. EST 2/15, the SMS gateway issue is resolved with a provider rollback; we’re pending a complete incident report to identify root cause and will update again.
RESOLUTION: Our provider indicated a Java issue was at the root of the problem, triggered by a recent upgrade to their systems. It effectively caused significant performance issues at high load, and the build did not receive sufficient volume during testing to detect the problem ahead of deployment. The rollback fixed the issue, and the problem is now resolved; new testing is also included to prevent this kind of issue from going undetected in the future. If you have any additional questions, please contact email@example.com.
1 month ago - 9:03am EST
The server managing our transcriptions is currently encountering hardware difficulties - our Operations team is working on it now to resolve, we will update again when all clear and back up.
UPDATE: The server managing our transcriptions has returned to its normal state is functioning properly again.
1 month ago - 9:12pm EST
At approximately 19:40 EST, an as of yet unknown server event impacted the production environment, causing some calls to drop. Within 10 minutes, all servers were functioning as normal - we are currently investigating the root cause and will update again once more information is available. If you have any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
1 month ago - 6:00pm EST
We have just pushed a new build to the development environment - please test your applications (including production applications) to confirm there are no impacts to functionality.
for more information on the update.
1 month ago - 3:13pm EST
We have identified what appears to be a bottleneck in the SMS Gateway, causing messages to be intermittently delayed. We are reviewing with the engineers now to determine root cause and resolve, and will update here as soon as we’re back to normal.
UPDATE: While the bottleneck is resolved, root cause and replication has not yet been determined (though no further instances have been detected since). We are continuing to work on the problem.
1 month ago - 8:51pm EST
Monday evening, we updated our SSL certificate to replace one about to expire - on Tuesday, Tropo Operations was notified that this update may have unexpectedly impacted a small percentage of users and thus the certificate was immediately rolled back on api.tropo.com. The SSL Certificate for api.tropo.com is currently signed against the DigiCert High Assurance CA-3 Root CA certificate. Unfortunately DigiCert is no longer issuing new certificates against the CA-3 root. They are now issuing certificates against the DigiCert Global Root CA, which appears to be the root of the difficulties.
Because the certificate for api.tropo.com is due to expire on Feburary 19th, 2014, we’ll need to upgrade our servers with the new SSL Certificate very soon. This new certificate will be signed against the DigiCert Global Root, as noted above. In order to ensure proper SSL certificate verification against our APIs, your software should include the updated Digicert Root Certificates in its CAFile or other respective keystore. These are available from DigiCert at:
We intend to have the new certificate installed by February 4th, 2014, so all keystores will need updated by then to avoid impact. If you have any issues with the transition please don’t hesitate to contact our support team ( email@example.com ).
1 month ago - 8:32pm EST
A new build of the website is heading into production now - it resolves a few known issues, most notably a couple issues that prevented the Payments & Balance screen from working consistently.
Please let us know if you encounter any trouble with the website by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.